HIGH-SPEED CMOS 20-BIT BUS SWITCH
20-BIT BUS SWITCH
• Enhanced N channel FET with no inherent diode to VCC
• 5Ω bidirectional switches connect inputs to outputs
• Zero propagation delay, zero ground bounce
• Undershoot Clamp Diodes on all switch and control Inputs
• Four enables control five bits each
• TTL-compatible input and output levels
• Available in 48-pin QVSOP package
• Hot-swapping, hot-docking
• Voltage translation (5V to 3.3V)
• Logic replacement (data processing)
• Power conservation
• Capacitance reduction and isolation
• Low power for hand held and mobile applications
• Bus isolation
• Clock gating
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The QS32XL384 provides a set of twenty high-speed CMOS TTL-
compatible bus switches. The low ON resistance of the QS32XL384 allows
inputs to be connected to outputs without adding propagation delay and
without generating additional ground bounce noise. The Bus Enable (BE)
signals turn the switches on. Four Bus Enable signals are provided, one
for each of five bits of the 20-bit bus. The ‘384 family of QuickSwitch products
is ideal for switching wide digital buses, as well as hot-docking, 5V to 3V
conversion and capacitance isolation for power conservation.
The QS32XL384 is characterized for operation at -40°C to +85°C.
A0 B0 A10 B10
A4 B4 A14 B14
A5 B5 A15 B15
The IDT logo is a registered trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPERATURE RANGE
c 2002 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.