________________ 1800-Serle. Mlcroproce.sors and Microcomputers
..,. .........0 Yoo
CMOS 8-Bit Microprocessor
• Minimum instruction fetch-execute time of 5 IlS or 7.5 IlS at VDD = 5 V;
2.51ls or 3.75 IlS at VDD = 10 V
• Any combination of standard RAM and ROM up to 65,536 bytes
• Operates with slow memOfles, up to 1 IlS access time at fCL = 4 MHz
• 8-bit parallel organization with bidirectional data bus and multiplexed
• 16 x 16 matrix of registers for use as multiple program counters,
data pointers, or data registers
• On-chip DMA, mterrupt, and flag inputs
• Programmable smgle-bit output port
• 91 easy-to-use instructions
The RCA-CDP1802A LSI CMOS 8-blt register-oriented
central-processing unit (CPU) is designed for use as a
general-purpose computing or control element in a wide
range of stored-program systems or products.
The CDP1802A includes all of the circuits required for
fetching, interpreting, and executing Instructions which
have been stored in standard types of memories. ExtenSive
input/output (1/0) control features are also provided to
facilitate system design.
The 1800 series architecture is designed with emphasis on
the total microcomputer system as an integral entity so that
systems having maximum flexibility and minimum cost can
be realized. The 1800 series CPU also provides a syn-
chronous interface to memories and external controllers
for 1/0 devices, and minimizes the cost of interface con-
trollers. Further, the 1/0 interface is capable of supporting
devices operating in polled, interrupt-driven, or direct
The CDP1802A and CDP1802AC are functionally identical.
They differ in that the CDP1802A has a recommended
operating voltage range of 4 to 10.5 volts, and the
CDP1802AC a recommended operating voltage range of 4
to 6.5 volts.
These types are supplied in 40-lead dual-in-line side-
brazed ceramiC packages (D suffix). 40-lead dual-In-Iine
plastic packages (E suffix) and 44-lead plastic chip-carrier
(PCC) package (0 suffix). The CDP1802AC isalso available
in chip form (H suffix).
INPUT PORT CS2
-BI' DATA BUS
Fig. 1 - Typical CDPlli02A small microprocessor system.
32 BYTE RAM
File Number 1305