Four Channel Energy Measurement IC
Features & Description
• Superior Analog Performance with Ultra-low Noise Level
and High SNR
• Energy Measurement Accuracy of 0.1% over 4000:1
• Current RMS Measurement Accuracy of 0.1% over 1000:1
• 4 Independent 24-bit, 4th-order, Delta-Sigma Modulators
for Voltage and Current Measurements
• 4 Configurable Digital Outputs for Energy Pulses,
Zero-crossing, or Energy Direction
• Supports Shunt Resistor, CT, and Rogowski Coil Current
• On-chip Measurements/Calculations:
- Active, Reactive, and Apparent Power
- RMS Voltage and Current
- Power Factor and Line Frequency
- Instantaneous Voltage, Current, and Power
• Overcurrent, Voltage Sag, and Voltage Swell Detection
• Ultra-fast On-chip Digital Calibration
• Internal Register Protection via Checksum and Write
• UART/SPI™ Serial Interface
• On-chip Temperature Sensor
• On-chip Voltage Reference (25ppm/°C Typ.)
• Single 3.3V Power Supply
• Ultra-fine Phase Compensation
• Low Power Consumption: <13mW
• Power Supply Configurations
- GNDA = GNDD = 0V, VDDA = +3.3V
• 5mmx5mm 28-pin QFN Package
See Page 68.
The CS5484 is a high-accuracy, four-channel, energy
measurement analog front end.
The CS5484 incorporates independent 4th order Delta-Sigma
analog-to-digital converters for every channel, reference
circuitry, and the proven EXL signal processing core to provide
active, reactive, and apparent energy measurement. In
addition, RMS and power factor calculations are available.
Calculations are output through a configurable energy pulse,
or direct UART/SPI™ serial access to on-chip registers.
Instantaneous current, voltage, and power measurements are
also available over the serial port. Multiple serial options are
offered to allow customer flexibility. The SPI provides higher
speed, and the 2-wire UART minimizes the cost of isolation
Four configurable digital outputs provide energy pulses,
zero-crossing, energy direction, and interrupt functions.
Interrupts can be generated for a variety of conditions
including voltage sag or swell, overcurrent, and more. On-chip
register integrity is assured via checksum and write protection.
The CS5484 is designed to interface to a variety of voltage and
current sensors including shunt resistors, current
transformers, and Rogowski coils.
On-chip functionality makes digital calibration simple and
ultra-fast, minimizing the time required at the end of the
customer production line. Performance across temperature is
ensured with an on-chip voltage reference with low drift. A
single 3.3V power supply is required, and power consumption
is low at <13mW. To minimize space requirements, the
CS5484 is offered in a low-cost, 5mm x5mm 28-pin QFN
RX / SDI
TX / SDO
Cirrus Logic, Inc.
XIN XOUT CPUCLK
Copyright Cirrus Logic, Inc. 2013
(All Rights Reserved)