Spec. No. : C548F5
CYStech Electronics Corp. Issued Date : 2007.12.11
Revised Date :
Page No. : 1/12
150kHz, 3A PWM Buck DC/DC Converter
The LM2596-XXE5/F5 series of regulators are monolithic ICs that provide all active functions for a step-down
(buck) switching regulator, capable of driving 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are
available in fixed output voltage of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of
external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed-
The LM2596-XXE5/F5 series operates at a switching frequency of 150kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter
components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in standard 5-lead
TO-220 and TO-263 packages with several different lead bend options. A standard series of inductors are available
from several different manufacturers optimized for use with the LM2596-XXE5/F5 series. This feature greatly
simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies. Other features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output
voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and ±15% on the oscillator frequency. External
shutdown is included, featuring 80μA standby current. Self protection features include a two stage frequency
reducing current limit for the output switch and an over temperature shutdown for complete protection under fault
● 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and adjustable output versions
● Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.3V to 37V±4% max over line and load conditions
● 150kHz±15% fixed switching frequency
● TTL shutdown capability
● Operating voltage can be up to 40V
● Output load current:3A
● TO220-5L and TO263-5L packages
● Low power standby mode.
● Thermal shutdown and current limit protection.
● High efficiency
● Built-in switching transistor on chip
● Requires only 4 external components
● Use readily available standard inductors
● Simple high-efficiency step-down (buck) regulator.
● Positive to negative converter (Buck-Boost).
● On-card switching regulators.
CYStek Product Specification