ADVANCED AUDIO ENGINE
The CL8830 includes a dedicated 50 Mips audio engine
and C-Cube's advanced RealSonic audio technology.
RealSonic is C-Cube's proprietary technology that allows
home-theater quality audio effects without any associated
royalty. This technology allows OEM's to offer high-end
DVD-quality home-theater audio and professional Karaoke
functions at no extra cost.
HOME THEATER AUDIO
The DVD-quality home-theater audio features include
WideSound, RealSonic 3D audio, RealSonic multichannel
outputs, RealSonic concert hall, RealSonic dynamic range
compression, graphic equalizer and custom audio effects.
Reverberation and echo sounds can be programmed to
create the multiple live atmospheres that allow users to
enjoy high quality movie theater surround sound and
concert hall music. In addition, four-channel surround
sound can be simulated with only two speaker outputs.
• WideSound: Creates wider sound field than the actual
• RealSonic 3D Audio: Creates a movie hall surround
sound effect from two speakers.
• RealSonic Multi-Channel Outputs: Creates four-
channel output from stereo source material.
• RealSonic Concert Hall: Multiple listening environ-
ments can be simulated, such as concert hall, church,
stadium and jazz club.
• RealSonic Dynamic Range Compression:
Compresses the dynamic range of the output signal to
increase the average output level without distortion.
• Graphic Equalizer: Adjusts the frequency band by
raising or lowering the level of tone.
• Custom Audio Effects: Audio effects can be
customized by configurable parameters.
PROFESSIONAL KARAOKE FUNCTIONS
In addition to the basic Karaoke functions (mic echo, key
control, stereo vocal cancel and voice detect), the CL8830
also provides appealing professional Karaoke functions
• Vocal Harmony: This function constructs additional
"voices" that occur at a frequency-ratio shift away from
the original microphone input. It can create up to three
distinct voices that are mixed with the original signal to
create a harmony effect.
• Vocal Chorus: This feature creates additional "singers".
The Vocal Chorus adds 1/8 pitch and ¼ pitch voices to
the original vocal to create the effect of two or three
people singing as accompanists.
• Vocal Scoring: This function is a built-in singing
"judge" function that allows singers to compare them-
selves to each other or to improve their singing skills.
• Vocal Reverb: Reverb adds multiple decaying echo to
microphones to provide concert hall effect for Karaoke.
• Microphone Treble: This function performs adjustable
treble enhancement for the microphone input.
• Simulated Stereo: This feature adds phase informa-
tion to mono audio and microphone signals to make
them sound stereo-like.
• Full Stereo Karaoke: Due to two stereo audio inputs,
full stereo Karaoke playback can be achieved. The
Karaoke singer can be accompanied by full stereo
VCD Resolution: 352 x 240/NTSC; 352 x 288/PAL
Chaoji VCD Resolution: 480 x 480/NTSC; 480 x 576/PAL
VCD Picture is Blurry, Text is Difficult to Read
CL8830 Video and Lyrics are Crystal Clear
CL8830 Supports Color-Change and Scrolling