PA10 • PA10A
Power Operational Amplifier
• Gain Bandwidth Product — 4 MHz
• Temperature Range — –55 to +125°C (PA10A)
• Excellent Linearity — Class A/B Output
• Wide Supply Range — ±10V to ±50V
• High Output Current — ±5A Peak
• Motor, Valve and Actuator Control
• Magnetic Deflection Circuits up to 4A
• Power Transducers up to 100 kHz
• Temperature Control up to 180W
• Programmable Power Supplies up to 90V
• Audio Amplifiers up to 60W RMS
The PA10 and PA10A are high voltage, high output current operational amplifiers designed to drive resis‐
tive, inductive and capacitive loads. For optimum linearity, the output stage is biased for class A/B operation.
The safe operating area (SOA) can be observed for all operating conditions by selection of user programma‐
ble current limiting resistors. Both amplifiers are internally compensated for all gain settings. For continuous
operation under load, a heatsink of proper rating is recommended.
This hybrid integrated circuit utilizes thick film (cermet) resistors, ceramic capacitors and semiconductor
chips to maximize reliability, minimize size and give top performance. Ultrasonically bonded aluminum wires
provide reliable interconnections at all operating temperatures. The 8‐pin TO‐3 package is hermetically
sealed and electrically isolated. The use of compressible isolation washers voids the warranty.
Figure 1: Typical Connection
© Apex Microtechnology Inc.
All rights reserved
PA10U Rev W