TEMPERATURE SWITCH IC (THERMOSTAT IC) WITH LATCH
© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2007-2012
The S-5840B Series is a temperature switch IC (thermostat IC) with a latch function which detects the temperature with a
temperature accuracy of ±2.5°C. When the temperature reaches the detection temperature, the output signal is inverted and
being latched until the S-5840B Series detects decrease in a power supply voltage.
The S-5840B Series operates at the lower power supply voltage of 1.0 V and its current consumption is 12 μA typ. due to
The S-5840B Series has a temperature sensor using negative temperature coefficient, a reference voltage generation
circuit, comparator, voltage detection circuit and noise suppression circuit on a chip, and they are enclosed in package
• Detection temperature:
TDET = +55 to +95°C, +1°C step, detection accuracy: ±2.5°C
• Wide voltage operation:
VDD = 1.0 V to 10.0 V
• Release voltage:
VRET = 2.2 V to 3.4 V, 0.1 V step
• Low current consumption:
IDD = 12 μA typ. (Ta = +25°C).
• Built-in noise suppression circuit for preventing temperature detection malfunction
• Output logic level is fixed by the latch after temperature detection.
• Selectable output logic in active "H" or "L"
• Selectable output form in CMOS or Nch open drain
• Operation temperature range:
Ta = −40°C to +100°C
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*1
*1. Refer to " Product Name Structure" for details.
• Game console
• Electronic device
Seiko Instruments Inc.