CMOS TEMPERATURE SENSOR IC
The S-5815A/5816A Series is a family of high-precision temperature
sensor ICs on a single chip with a linear output voltage for temperature
Each chip is composed of a temperature sensor, a constant current
circuit, and an operational amplifier.
It can be used at temperatures ranging from –40°C to 100°C. These
devices have much better linearity than other temperature sensors such
as thermistors, and can be used for a wide range of temperature control
• Temperature accuracy
• Linear output voltage
• Wide power supply voltage operation
• Low current consumption
• Built-in operational amplifier
• Output voltage referred to VSS
• Small package
• Lead-free products
S-5815A Series : ±5.0°C (–30 to 100°C)
S-5816A Series : ±2.5°C (–30 to 100°C)
–11.04 mV/°C typ.
Ta = −30°C : 2.582 V typ.
Ta = +30°C : 1.940 V typ.
Ta = +100°C : 1.145 V typ.
±0.5% typ. (–20 to 80°C)
VDD = 2.4 to 10.0 V (25°C)
4.0 µA typ. (25°C)
• Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
• Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
• LCD contrast compensation
• Compensation of amplifier gain
• Compensation of auto focus circuits
• Temperature detection in battery management
• Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights
Seiko Instruments Inc.