Ultra-Low Quiescent Current LDO Regulator
• Ultra-Low Quiescent Current: 20 nA (typical)
• Ultra-Low Shutdown Supply Current:
1 nA (typical)
• 150 mA Output Current Capability for VR ≤ 3.5V
• 100 mA Output Current Capability for VR 3.5V
• Input Operating Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
• Standard Output Voltages (VR): 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V,
3.0V, 3.3V, 4.2V
• Low Dropout Voltage: 380 mV maximum at
• Stable with 1.0 µF Ceramic Output Capacitor
• Overcurrent Protection
• Space Saving, 8-Lead Very Thin Plastic Dual Flat,
No Lead Package, 2 x 2 mm Body VDFN
• Energy Harvesting
• Long-Life, Battery-Powered Applications
• Smart Cards
• Ultra-Low Consumption “Green” Products
• Portable Electronics
VOUT 2 EP 7 VIN
NC 3 9 6 FB
* Includes Exposed Thermal Pad (EP);
see Table 3-1.
For VR < 4.0V, SOT-23 5-Lead package is also
available by request.
The MCP1810 is a 150 mA (for VR ≤ 3.5V), 100 mA (for
VR 3.5V) low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that
provides high-current and low-output voltages, while
maintaining an ultra-low 20 nA of quiescent current
during device operation. In addition, the MCP1810 can
be shut down for an even lower 1 nA (typical) supply
The MCP1810 comes in six standard fixed
output-voltage versions: 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.3V
The 150 mA output current capability, combined with
the low output-voltage capability, make the MCP1810 a
good choice for new ultra-long-life LDO applications
that have high-current demands, but require ultra-low
power consumption during sleep states.
The MCP1810 is stable with ceramic output capacitors
that inherently provide lower output noise and reduce
the size and cost of the entire regulator solution. Only
1 µF (2.2 µF recommended) of output capacitance is
needed to stabilize the LDO.
The MCP1810 ultra-low quiescent and shutdown
current allows it to be paired with other ultra-low current
draw devices, such as Microchip’s nanoWatt eXtreme
Low Power (XLP) technology devices, for a complete
ultra-low power solution.
2016 Microchip Technology Inc.