3.0A Dual High-Speed Power MOSFET Driver With Enable
• High Peak Output Current: 3.0A (typical)
• Independent Enable Function for Each Driver
• Wide Input Supply Voltage Operating Range:
- 4.5V to 18V
• Low Shoot-Through/Cross-Conduction Current in
• High Capacitive Load Drive Capability:
- tR: 14 ns with 1800 pF load (typical)
- tF: 17 ns with 1800 pF load (typical)
• Short Delay Times:
- tD1: 45 ns (typical)
- tD2: 45 ns (typical)
• Low Supply Current:
- With Logic ‘1’ Input/Enable – 1 mA (typical)
- With Logic ‘0’ Input/Enable – 300 µA (typical)
• Latch-up Protected: Passed JEDEC JESD78A
• Logic Input will Withstand Negative Swing,
up to 5V
• Space-Saving Packages:
- 8-Lead SOIC, PDIP, 6x5 DFN
• Switch Mode Power Supplies
• Pulse Transformer Drive
• Line Drivers
• Motor and Solenoid Drive
The MCP14E9/10/11 devices are high-speed MOSFET
drivers, capable of providing 3.0A of peak current. The
dual inverting, dual non-inverting and complementary
outputs are directly controlled from either TTL or
CMOS (3V to 18V). These devices also feature low
shoot-through current, near matched rise/fall times and
propagation delays, which make them ideal for high
switching frequency applications.
The MCP14E9/10/11 devices operate from a 4.5V to
18V single power supply and can easily charge and
discharge 1800 pF of MOSFET gate capacitance. They
provide low enough impedances, in both the ON and
OFF states, to ensure the MOSFETs’ intended state
will not be affected, even by large transients.
The additional control of the MCP14E9/10/11 outputs is
allowed by the use of separate enable functions. The
ENB_A and ENB_B pins are active-high and are
internally pulled up to VDD. The pins may be left floating
for standard operation.
The MCP14E9/10/11 dual output 3.0A driver family is
offered in both surface-mount and pin-through-hole
packages with a -40oC to +125oC temperature rating.
The low thermal resistance of the thermally enhanced
DFN package allows greater power dissipation
capability for driving heavier capacitive or resistive
These devices are highly latch-up resistant under any
conditions within their power and voltage ratings. They
are not subject to damage when up to 5V of noise
spiking (of either polarity) occurs on the ground pin.
The devices are fully latch-up protected when tested
according to JEDEC JESD78A. All terminals are fully
protected against Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), up to
4 kV (HBM) or 400V (MM).
© 2011 Microchip Technology Inc.