Brushless DC 1.0 AMP 28 VOLT
Motor Driver IC
The 34929 Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor Driver IC is a complete
BLDC motor driver system in one chip. It is designed to efficiently drive
three-phase BLDC motors up to 1A and 28V, and has built in protection
features making it ideal for a variety of consumer, portable, and office
applications containing small motors. It incorporates digital I/O, making
it easy to use with an MCU in a closed-loop motor control system. It has
a built-in Hall-effect sensors interface and a Hall sensors voltage
supply, so it can operate BLDC motors as a stand-alone controller/
driver. Its sophisticated analog/mixed-signal state machine
accommodates several modes of operation, including: Forward (CW),
Reverse (CCW), Run/Stop, Braking, Variable Speed (External PWM),
and Torque Limit (maximum-current-limit) modes.
• Single-Supply Operation (8V–28V)
• Built-in Hall Sensors Controlled-Supply (VH)
• 3-Phase Hall Sensors Interface
• Two Tachometer Outputs (1X and 3X Hall Frequency)
• Adjustable Maximum Current Limit (Torque Limiting)
• Adjustable Stalled Rotor Detection and Protection
• Short Circuit Detection and Protection
• Over-Temperature Detection and Thermal Shutdown
• Undervoltage Detection and Shutdown
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EP.
Document Number: MC34929
Rev. 7.0, 11/2006
BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR DRIVER
24-PIN QFN (4X4X1)
-0°C to 85°C
Figure 1. 34929 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.