3.0 A 1.0 MHz Fully Integrated
DDR Switch-Mode Power
Document number: MC34712
Rev. 4.0, 5/2007
The 34712 is a highly integrated, space efficient, low cost, single
synchronous buck switching regulator with integrated N-channel
power MOSFETs. It is a high performance point-of-load (PoL) power
supply with the ability to track an external reference voltage.
Its high efficient 3.0 A sink and source capability combined with its
voltage tracking/sequencing ability and tight output regulation, makes
it ideal to provide the termination voltage (VTT) for modern data buses
such as Double-Data-Rate (DDR) memory buses. It also provides a
buffered output reference voltage (VREF) to the memory chipset
The 34712 offers the designer the flexibility of many control,
supervisory, and protection functions to allow for easy implementation
of complex designs. It is housed in a Pb-Free, thermally enhanced,
and space efficient 24-Pin Exposed Pad QFN.
• 45 mΩ Integrated N-Channel Power MOSFETs
• Input Voltage Operating Range from 3.0 V to 6.0 V
• ±1 % Accurate Output Voltage, Ranging from 0.7 V to 1.35 V
• ±1 % Accurate Buffered Reference Output Voltage
• Programmable Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to
1.0 MHz with a default of 1.0 MHz
• Over Current Limit and Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
• Active Low Power Good Output Signal
• Active Low Standby and Shutdown Inputs
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EP.
(3.0V TO 6.0V)
SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLY
-40 to 85°C
Figure 1. 34712 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.