Document Number: MC33982
Rev. 12.0, 1/2007
Single Intelligent High-Current
Self-Protected Silicon High-Side
Switch (2.0 mΩ)
The 33982B is a self-protected silicon 2.0 mΩ high-side switch used
to replace electromechanical relays, fuses, and discrete devices in
power management applications. The 33982B is designed for harsh
environments, and it includes self-recovery features. The device is
suitable for loads with high inrush current, as well as motors and all
types of resistive and inductive loads.
Programming, control, and diagnostics are implemented via the
Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). A dedicated parallel input is available
for alternate and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control of the output.
SPI programmable fault trip thresholds allow the device to be adjusted
for optimal performance in the application.
The 33982B is packaged in a power-enhanced 12 x 12 nonleaded
PQFN package with exposed tabs.
• Single 2.0 mΩ Max High-Side Switch with Parallel Input or SPI
• 6.0 V to 27 V Operating Voltage with Standby Currents < 5.0 µA
• Output Current Monitoring with Two SPI-Selectable Current
• SPI Control of Overcurrent Limit, Overcurrent Fault Blanking
-40°C to 125°C 16 PQFN
Time, Output-OFF Open Load Detection, Output ON/OFF
Control, Watchdog Time-out, Slew Rates, and Fault Status
• SPI Status Reporting of Overcurrent, Open and Shorted Loads, Overtemperature Shutdown, Undervoltage and
Overvoltage Shutdown, Fail-Safe Pin Status, and Program Status
• Enhanced -16 V Reverse Polarity VPWR Protection
Figure 1. 33982B Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.