Document Number: MC33981
Rev. 6.0, 5/2007
Single High-Side Switch
(4.0 mΩ), PWM clock up to 60kHz
The 33981 is a high-frequency, self-protected 4.0 mΩ RDS(ON) high-
side switch used to replace electromechanical relays, fuses, and
discrete devices in power management applications.
The 33981 can be controlled by Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) with
a frequency up to 60 kHz. It is designed for harsh environments, and it
includes self-recovery features. The 33981 is suitable for loads with
high in-rush current, as well as motors and all types of resistive and
The 33981 is packaged in a 12 x 12 non-leaded power-enhanced
Power QFN package with exposed tabs.
• Single 4.0 mΩ RDS(ON) Maximum High-Side Switch
• PWM Capability up to 60 kHz with Duty Cycle from 5% to 100%
• Very Low Standby Current
• Slew Rate Control with External Capacitor
• Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection, Undervoltage
Shutdown and Fault Reporting
• Reverse Battery Protection
• Gate Drive Signal for External Low-Side N-Channel MOSFET with
• Output Current Monitoring
• Temperature Feedback
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code PNA
PNA (Pb-Free Suffix)
16-PIN PQFN (12 X 12)
MC33981BPNA/R2 -40°C to 125°C
OCLS SR GND
Figure 1. 33981 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.