Document Number: MC33912
Rev. 4.0, 2/2008
LIN System Basis Chip with DC
Motor Pre-driver and Current
The 33912 is a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) -controlled System
Basis Chip (SBC), combining many frequently used functions in an
MCU-based system, plus a Local Interconnect Network (LIN)
transceiver. The 33912 has a 5.0V - 60mA low dropout regulator with
full protection and reporting features. The device provides full SPI-
readable diagnostics and a selectable timing watchdog for detecting
errant operation. The LIN Protocol Specification 2.0 compliant LIN
transceiver has waveshaping circuitry that can be disabled for higher
www.DataSheet4UT.wcoom60mA high side switches and two 160mA low side switches
with output protection are available for driving resistive and inductive
loads. All outputs can be pulse-width modulated (PWM). Four high
voltage inputs are available for use in contact monitoring, or as external
wake-up inputs. These inputs can be used as high voltage Analog
Inputs. The voltage on these pins is divided by a selectable ratio and
available via an analog multiplexer.
The 33912 has three main operating modes: Normal (all functions
available), Sleep (VDD off, wake-up via LIN, wake-up inputs (L1-L4),
cyclic sense and forced wake-up), and Stop (VDD on with limited
current capability, wake-up via CS, LIN bus, wake-up inputs, cyclic
sense, forced wake-up and external reset).
The 33912 is compatible with LIN Protocol Specification 2.0.
SYSTEM BASIS CHIP WITH LIN
AC SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
• Full-duplex SPI interface at frequencies up to 4MHz
• LIN transceiver capable of up to 100kbps with wave shaping
• Two 60mA high side and two 160mA low side protected switches
• Four high voltage analog/logic Inputs
• Configurable window watchdog
• 5.0V low drop regulator with fault detection and low voltage reset (LVR) circuitry
• Current sense module
• Switched/protected 5.0V output (used for Hall sensors)
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code AC
-40°C to 125°C
-40°C to 85°C
Figure 1. 33912 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.