Document Number: MC33899
Rev. 2.0, 6/2007
The 33899 is designed to drive a DC motor in both forward and
reverse shaft rotation under pulse-width modulation (PWM) control of
speed and torque. A current mirror output provides an analog
feedback signal proportional to the load current. A serial peripheral
interface (SPI) is used to select slew rate control, current
compensation limits and to read diagnostic status (faults) of the H-
Bridge drive circuits. SPI diagnostic reporting includes open circuit,
short circuit to VIGNP, short circuit to ground, die temperature range,
and undervoltage on VIGNP.
PROGRAMMABLE H-BRIDGE POWER IC
• Drives Inductive Loads in a Full H-Bridge Configuration
• Current Mirror Output Signal (Gain Selectable via External
VW SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
• Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Thermal Shutdown (Outputs Latched Off Until Reset via SPI)
• Internal Charge Pump Circuit for the Internal High-Side MOSFETs
• SPI-Selectable Slew Rate Control and Current Limit Control
• Overtemperature Shutdown
• Outputs Can Be Disabled to High-Impedance State
MC33899VW/R2 -40°C to 125°C
• PWM-able up to 11 kHz @ 3.0 A
• Synchronous Rectification Control of the High-Side MOSFETs
• Low RDS(ON) Outputs at High Junction Temperature (< 165 mΩ @ TA = 125°C, VIGNP = 6.0 V)
• Outputs Survive Shorts to -1.0 V
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code VW
VDDL +5.0 V VIGNP
Figure 1. 33899 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.