Document Number: MC33810
Rev. 11.0, 8/2014
Automotive Engine Control IC
The 33810 is an eight channel output driver IC intended for automotive engine
control applications. The IC consists of four integrated low-side drivers and four
low-side gate pre-drivers. The low-side drivers are suitable for driving fuel
injectors, solenoids, lamps, and relays. The four gate pre-drivers can function
either as ignition IGBT gate pre-drivers or as general purpose MOSFET gate
pre-drivers. This device is powered by SMARTMOS technology.
When configured as ignition IGBT gate pre-drivers, additional features are
enabled such as spark duration, dwell time, and ignition coil current sense.
When configured as a general purpose gate pre-driver (GPGD), the 33810
provides external MOSFETs with short-circuit protection, inductive flyback
protection and diagnostics. The device is packaged in a 32 pin (0.65mm pitch)
exposed pad SOIC.
• Designed to operate over the range of 4.5 V VPWR 36 V
• Quad ignition IGBT or MOSFET gate pre-driver with parallel/SPI and/or PWM
• Quad injector driver with parallel/SPI control
• Interfaces directly to MCU using 3.3 V/5.0 V SPI protocol
• Injector driver current limit - 4.5 A max.
• Independent fault protection and diagnostics
• VPWR standby current 10 A max.
EK SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
32 PIN SOICW -EP
• Motorcycle engine control unit (ECU) and small
• PSI5 airbag system
• Central gateway/in-vehicle networking
• Braking and stability control
• Gasoline engine management
• Hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) inverter controller
Figure 1. MC33810 Simplified Application Diagram
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006 - 2014. All rights reserved.