System Basis Chip with LIN
Document Number: MC33689
Rev. 7.0, 8/2006
The 33689 is a SPI-controlled System Basis Chip (SBC) that
combines many frequently used functions in an MCU-based system
plus a Local Interconnect Network (LIN) transceiver. Applications
include power window, mirror, and seat controls. The 33689 has a
5.0 V, 50 mA low dropout regulator with full protection and reporting
features. The device provide full SPI-readable diagnostics and a
selectable timing watchdog for detecting errant operation.
The LIN transceiver waveshaping circuitry can be disabled for
higher data rates. One 50 mA and two 150 mA high-side switches with
output protection are available to drive inductive or resistive loads. The
150 mA switches can be pulse-width modulated (PWM).
Two high-voltage inputs are available for contact monitoring or as
external wake-up inputs. A current sense operational amplifier is
available for load current monitoring.
The 33689 has three operational modes:
• Normal (all functions available)
• Sleep (VDD OFF, wake-up via LIN bus or wake-up inputs)
• Stop (VDD ON, wake-up via MCU, LIN bus, or wake-up inputs)
SYSTEM BASIS CHIP WITH LIN
EW SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Full-Duplex SPI Interface at Frequencies up to 4.0 MHz
• LIN Transceiver Capable to 100 kbps with Waveshaping Capability
• 5.0 V Low Dropout Regulator Full Fault Detection and Protection
• One 50 mA and Two 150 mA Protected High-Side Switches
• Current Sense Operational Amplifier
• The 33689 is compatible with LIN 2.0 Specification Package.
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EW
-40°C to 125°C
5.0 V VCC L1
Figure 1. 33689 Simplified Application Diagram
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. reserves the right to change the detail specifications, as
may be required, to permit improvements in the design of its products.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.