Document Number: MC33285
Rev. 5.0, 2/2007
Dual High-Side TMOS Driver
A single input controls the 33285 in driving two external high-side N-
Channel TMOS power FETs controlling incandescent or inductive
loads. Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) input control to 1.0 kHz is
possible. The 33285 contains a common internal charge pump used to
enhance the Gate voltage of both FETs.
An external charge capacitor provides access to the charge pump
output. Both external FETs are protected against inductive load
transients by separate internal source-to-gate dynamic clamps. The
power FETs are protected by the 33285 with short-circuit delay time of
800 µs. The device is designed to withstand reverse polarity battery
and load dump transients, encountered in automotive applications.
HIGH-SIDE TMOS DRIVER
• PWM Capability
• Power TMOS Number One (OUT1) Short-Circuit Detection and
• Voltage Range 7.0 V ≤ 40 V
• Extended Temperature Range from -40°C ≤ 125°C
• Load Dump Protected
• Overvoltage Detection and Activation of OUT2 During
• Single Input Control for Both Output Stages
• Capacitor Value of 100 nF Connected to Pin CP
• Analog Input Control Measurement Detection
• OUT1 LOAD Leakage Measurement Detection
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EF
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. 33285 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.