Penta 17 mOhm High Side
Document Number: MC17XSF500
Rev. 2.0, 9/2013
The 17XSF500 is the latest achievement in DC motor and lighting
drivers. It belongs to an expanding family to control and diagnose
various types of loads, such as incandescent lamps or light-emitting
diodes (LEDs) with enhanced precision. It combines flexibility through
daisy-chainable SPI 5.0 MHz, extended digital and analog feedbacks,
safety and robustness.
Output edge shaping helps to improve electromagnetic performance.
To avoid shutting off the device upon inrush current, while still being
able to closely track the load current, a dynamic overcurrent threshold
profile is featured. Current of each channel can be sensed with a
programmable sensing ratio. Whenever communication with the
external microcontroller is lost, the device enters a Fail operation mode,
but remains operational, controllable, and protected.
This new generation of high side switch products family facilitates ECU
design thanks to compatible MCU software and PCB foot print for each
This family is packaged in a Pb-free power-enhanced SOIC package
with exposed pad which is End of Life Vehicles directive compliant.
This device is powered by SMARTMOS technology.
• Penta 17 m high side switches with high transient current capability
• 16-bit 5.0 MHz SPI control of overcurrent profiles, channel control
including PWM duty cycles, output-ON and -OFF OpenLoad
detections, thermal shutdown and prewarning, and fault reporting
• Output current monitoring with programmable synchronization signal
and supply voltage feedback
• Limp Home mode
• External smart power switch control
• Operating voltage is 7.0 to 18 V with sleep current < 5.0 µA,
extended mode from 6.0 to 28 V
• -16 V reverse polarity and ground disconnect protections
• Compatible PCB foot print and SPI software driver among the family
ENHANCED PENTA HIGH SIDE SWITCH
EK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Low voltage exterior lighting
• Low voltage industrial lighting
• Low voltage automation systems
• Halogen lamps
• Incandescent bulbs
• Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
• HID Xenon ballasts
• DC motors
IN4 GND OUT6
DC Motor M
IN VPWR OUT
Figure 1. Penta 17 mOhm High Side Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.com/