Document Number: MC15XS3400
Rev. 7.0, 12/2008
Quad High Side Switch
The 15XS3400 is one in a family of devices designed for low-voltage
automotive lighting applications. Its four low RDS(ON) MOSFETs (quad
15 mΩ) can control four separate 55W / 28W bulbs, and/or Xenon
modules, and/or LEDs.
Programming, control and diagnostics are accomplished using a
16-bit SPI interface. Its output with selectable slew-rate improves
electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) behavior. Additionally, each
output has its own parallel input or SPI control for pulse-width
modulation (PWM) control if desired. The 15XS3400 allows the user to
program via the SPI the fault current trip levels and duration of
acceptable lamp inrush. The device has Fail-safe mode to provide fail-
safe functionality of the outputs in case of MCU damaged.
HIGH SIDE SWITCH
• Four protected 15mΩ high side switches (at 25°C)
• Operating voltage range of 6.0V to 20V with standby current
< 5.0μA, extended mode from 4.0V to 28V
• 8MHz 16-bit 3.3V and 5V SPI control and status reporting with
daisy chain capability
• PWM module using external clock or calibratable internal
oscillator with programmable outputs delay management
• Smart over-current shutdown, severe short-circuit, over-
temperature protections with time limited autoretry, and Fail-safe
mode in case of MCU damage
• Output OFF or ON open-load detection compliant to bulbs or leds
and short to battery detection. Analog current feedback with
selectable ratio and board temperature feedback.
MC15XS3400CPNA -40°C to 125°C
VDD VPWR VDD
Figure 1. 15XS3400 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2008. All rights reserved.