Quad High Side Switch
(Dual 10mΩ, Dual 35mΩ)
Document Number: MC10XS3435
Rev. 5.0, 10/2008
The 10XS3435 is one in a family of devices designed for low-voltage
automotive lighting applications. Its four low RDS(ON) MOSFETs (dual
10mΩ/dual 35mΩ) can control four separate 55W / 28W bulbs, and/or
Xenon modules, and/or LEDs.
Programming, control and diagnostics are accomplished using a
16-bit SPI interface. Its output with selectable slew-rate improves
electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) behavior. Additionally, each
output has its own parallel input or SPI control for pulse-width
modulation (PWM) control if desired. The 10XS3435 allows the user to
program via the SPI the fault current trip levels and duration of
acceptable lamp inrush. The device has fail-safe mode to provide fail-
safe functionality of the outputs in case of MCU damaged.
HIGH SIDE SWITCH
• Four protected 10mΩ and 35mΩ high side switches (at 25°C)
• Operating voltage range of 6.0V to 20V with sleep current <
5.0μA, extended mode from 4.0V to 28V
• 8MHz 16-bit 3.3V and 5V SPI control and status reporting with
daisy chain capability
• PWM module using external clock or calibratable internal
oscillator with programmable outputs delay management
• Smart over-current shutdown, severe short-circuit, over-
temperature protections with time limited autoretry, and fail-safe
mode in case of MCU damage
• Output OFF or ON open-load detection compliant to bulbs or leds
and short to battery detection. analog current feedback with
selectable ratio and board temperature feedback.
PNA SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
-40°C to 125°C
VDD VPWR VDD
Figure 1. 10XS3435 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2008. All rights reserved.