Document Number: MC06XSD200
Rev. 2.0, 9/2013
Dual 6.0 mOhm High Side Switch
The 06XSD200 device is part of a 36 V dual high side switch product
family with integrated control and a high number of protective and
diagnostic functions. It has been designed for industrial applications.
The low RDS(ON) channels (<6.0 m) can control different load types;
bulbs, solenoids, or DC motors. Control, device configuration, and
diagnostics are performed through a 16-bit serial peripheral interface
(SPI), allowing easy integration into existing applications.
Both channels can be controlled individually by external/internal
clock-signals or by direct inputs. Using the internal clock allows fully
autonomous device operation. Programmable output voltage slew
rates (individually programmable) help improve EMC performance. To
avoid shutting off the device during inrush current, while still being able
to closely track the load current, a dynamic overcurrent threshold
profile is featured. Switching current of each channel can be sensed
with a programmable sensing ratio. Whenever communication with the
external microcontroller is lost, the device enters a fail-safe operation
mode, but remains operational, controllable, and protected.
This device is powered by SMARTMOS technology.
• Normal operating range: 8.0 - 36 V, extended range: 6.0 - 58 V,
3.3 V and 5.0 V compatible 16-bit SPI port for device control,
configuration, and diagnostics at rates up to 8.0 MHz
• Two fully-protected 6.0 m (@ 25 °C) high side switches
• Up to 9.0 A steady-state current per channel
• Separate bulb and DC motor latched overcurrent handling
• Parallel output operating mode with improved switching
• Individually programmable internal/external PWM clock signals
(switching frequency, duty cycle, slew rate, switch-on time-shift)
• Overcurrent, short-circuit, and overtemperature protection with
programmable auto-retry functions
• Accurate temperature and current sensing (high/low sensing
• OpenLoad detection (channel in OFF and ON state), also for LED
applications (7.0 mA typ.)
HIGH SIDE SWITCH
FK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
23 PIN PQFN (12 X12 mm)
-40 to 125 °C
Figure 1. Simplified Application Diagram
*This document contains certain information on a product under development.
Freescale reserves the right to change or discontinue this product without notice
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.com/