MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
8M-WORD BY 64-BIT
SYNCHRONOUS DYNAMIC RAM MODULE (SO DIMM)
The MC-458CB64ESB and MC-458CB64PSB are 8,388,608 words by 64 bits synchronous dynamic RAM module
(Small Outline DIMM) on which 4 pieces of 128M SDRAM: µPD45128163 are assembled.
These modules provide high density and large quantities of memory in a small space without utilizing the surface-
mounting technology on the printed circuit board.
Decoupling capacitors are mounted on power supply line for noise reduction.
• 8,388,608 words by 64 bits organization
• Clock frequency and access time from CLK
CL = 3
CL = 2
CL = 3
CL = 2
• Fully Synchronous Dynamic RAM, with all signals referenced to a positive clock edge
• Pulsed interface
• Possible to assert random column address in every cycle
• Quad internal banks controlled by BA0 and BA1 (Bank Select)
• Programmable burst-length (1, 2, 4, 8 and Full Page)
• Programmable wrap sequence (Sequential / Interleave)
• Programmable /CAS latency (2, 3)
• Automatic precharge and controlled precharge
• CBR (Auto) refresh and self refresh
• Single +3.3 V ± 0.3 V power supply
• LVTTL compatible
• 4,096 refresh cycles/64 ms
• Burst termination by Burst Stop command and Precharge command
• 144-pin small outline dual in-line memory module (Pin pitch = 0.8 mm)
• Unbuffered type
• Serial PD
Access time from CLK
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC representative for
availability and additional information.
Document No. M12263EJAV0DS00 (10th edition)
Date Published February 2000 NS CP(K)
Printed in Japan
The mark • shows major revised points.