PCI EXPRESS™ CLOCK GENERATOR
The ICS841S02I is a PLL-based clock generator
ICS specifically designed for PCI_Express™Clock
HiPerClockS™ Generation applications. This device generates a
100MHz HCSL clock. The device offers a HCSL
(Host Clock Signal Level) clock output from a clock
input reference of 25MHz. The input reference may be derived
from an external source or by the addition of a 25MHz crystal to
the on-chip crystal oscillator. An external reference may be applied
to the XTAL_IN pin with the XTAL_OUT pin left floating.
The device offers spread spectrum clock output for reduced EMI
applications. An I2C bus interface is used to enable or disable
spread spectrum operation as well as select either a down spread
value of -0.35% or -0.5%.
The ICS841S02I is available in both standard and lead-free
20-Lead TSSOP packages.
• Two 0.7V current mode differential HCSL output pairs
• Crystal oscillator interface, 25MHz
• Output frequency: 100MHz
• RMS period jitter: 3ps (maximum)
• Output skew: 35ps (maximum)
• Cycle-to-cyle jitter: 35ps (maximum)
• I2C support with readback capabilities up to 400kHz
• Spread Spectrum for electromagnetic interference (EMI)
• 3.3V operating supply mode
• -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
• Available in both standard (RoHS 5) and lead-free (RoHS 6)
6.5mm x 4.4mm x 0.92mm
The Preliminary Information presented herein represents a product in pre-production. The noted characteristics are based on initial product characterization
and/or qualification. Integrated Device Technology, Incorporated (IDT) reserves the right to change any circuitry or specifications without notice.
IDT™ / ICS™ PCI EXPRESS CLOCK GENERATOR
ICS841S02BGI REV. C NOVEMBER 1, 2007