LOW SKEW, 1-TO-12 DIFFERENTIAL-
TO-LVCMOS/LVTTL FANOUT BUFFER
The ICS83948I is a low skew, 1-to-12
ICS Differential-to-LVCMOS/LVTTL Fanout Buffer and
HiPerClockS™ a member of the HiPerClockS™ family of High
Performance Clock Solutions from IDT. The
ICS83948I has two selectable clock inputs. The
CLK, nCLK pair can accept most standard differential input levels.
The LVCMOS_CLK can accept LVCMOS or LVTTL input levels.
The low impedance LVCMOS/LVTTL outputs are designed to
drive 50 series or parallel terminated transmission lines. The
effective fanout can be increased from 12 to 24 by utilizing the
ability of the outputs to drive two series terminated lines.
The ICS83948I is characterized at full 3.3V core/3.3V output.
Guaranteed output and part-to-part skew characteristics make the
ICS83948I ideal for those clock distribution applications
demanding well defined performance and repeatability.
• Twelve LVCMOS/LVTTL outputs
• Selectable differential CLK/nCLK or LVCMOS/LVTTL clock
• CLK/nCLK pair can accept the following differential
input levels: LVPECL, LVDS, LVHSTL, SSTL, HCSL
• LVCMOS_CLK supports the following input types: LVCMOS,
• Maximum output frequency: 250MHz
• Output skew: 350ps (maximum)
• Part-to-part skew: 1.5ns (maximum)
• 3.3V core, 3.3V output
• -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
• Available in both standard (RoHS 5) and lead-free (RoHS 6)
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
7mm x 7mm x 1.4mm package body
IDT™ / ICS™ LVCMOS/LVTTL CLOCK GENERATOR
ICS83948AYI REV. C NOVEMBER 14, 2012