8-Character, 16-Segment, Microprocessor Compatible,
LED Display Decoder Driver
The ICM7245 is an 8-character, alphanumeric display driver
and controller which provides all the circuitry required to
interface a microprocessor or digital system to a 16-segment
display with internal pull-up resistors. It is primarily intended
for use in microprocessor systems, where it minimizes
hardware and software overhead. Incorporated on-chip are a
64-character ASClI decoder, 8x6 memory, high power
character and segment drivers, and the multiplex scan
6-bit ASCll data to be displayed is written into the memory
directly from the microprocessor data bus. Data location
depends upon the selection of either Sequential (MODE = 1) or
Random access mode (MODE = 0). In the Sequential Access
mode the first entry is stored in the lowest location and
displayed in the “left-most” character position. Each
subsequent entry is automatically stored in the next higher
location and displayed to the immediate “right” of the previous
entry. A DISPlay FULL signal is provided after 8 entries; this
signal can be used for cascading devices together. A CLR pin is
provided to clear the memory and reset the location counter.
The Random Access mode allows the processor to select the
memory address and display digit for each input word.
The character multiplex scan runs whenever data is not being
entered. It scans the memory and CHARacter drivers, and
ensures that the decoding from memory to display is done in
the proper sequence. Intercharacter blanking is provided to
avoid display ghosting.
• Single supply +3.3V operation
• 16-Segment fonts with decimal point
• Up to 8 character display driver
• Has internal pull-up resistors of 136Ω Typical
• Microprocessor compatible
• Directly drives LED common cathode displays
• Cascadable without additional hardware
• Standby feature turns display off; puts chip in low power
• Sequential entry or random entry of data into display
• Character and segment drivers, All MUX scan circuitry, 8x6
static memory and 64-character ASCll font generator
• Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
PKG. DWG. #
-25°C to +85°C
44 Ld MQFP
ICM7245AIM44ZT (Note 1)
-25°C to +85°C
44 Ld MQFP (Tape and Reel) Q44.10x10
1. Please refer to TB347 for details on reel specifications.
2. These Intersil Pb-free plastic packaged products employ special Pb-free material sets, molding compounds/die attach materials, and 100% matte
tin plate plus anneal (e3 termination finish, which is RoHS compliant and compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering operations). Intersil
Pb-free products are MSL classified at Pb-free peak reflow temperatures that meet or exceed the Pb-free requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
3. For Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL), please see device information page for ICM7245. For more information on MSL, please see tech brief TB363.
October 29, 2013
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2013. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.