BOOST/BUCK DC-DC CONVERTER FOR DIMMABLE MR16 LED LAMPS
The AL8812 is a monolithic control circuit containing the primary
functions required for DC-to-DC converters with MOSFET in one
package. These devices consist of an internal temperature
compensated reference, comparator, controlled duty cycle oscillator
with an active current limit circuit, driver and high current output
switch. Additionally a 60V, 3.6A MOSFET is integrated for reduced
BOM cost and size. This series is specifically designed for buck and
boost applications with a minimum number of external components.
• Operation from 3.0V to 20V Input
• Integrated 60V, 3.6A MOSFET
• Low Standby Current
• Current Limiting
• Output Voltage Adjustable
• Frequency Operation to 100 kHz
• Precision 2% Reference
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Low Voltage LED Lighting such as MR-16
• General Purpose DC-DC Converter
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
Dimmable MR-16 LED Driver System Diagram
(For detailed schematic please contact your Diodes Sales Representative)
Document number: DS37099 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 11
© Diodes Incorporated