HIGH EFFICIENCY 30V 1.6A
AUTOMOTIVE GRADE BUCK LED DRIVER
The AL8806Q is a step-down DC/DC converter designed to drive LEDs
with a constant current. The device can drive up to 8 LEDs, depending
on the forward voltage of the LEDs, in series from a voltage source of
6V to 30V. The AL8806Q switches at frequencies up to 1MHz. This
allows the use of small size external components, hence minimizing
the PCB area needed.
Maximum output current of AL8806Q is set via an external resistor
connected between the VIN and SET input pins. Dimming is achieved
by applying either a DC voltage or a PWM signal at the CTRL input
pin. An input voltage of 0.4V or lower at CTRL switches off the output
MOSFET simplifying PWM dimming.
The AL8806Q has been qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1 and is
Automotive Grade supporting PPAPs
• LED driving current up to 1.5A
• Better than 5% accuracy
• High efficiency up to 98%
• Optimally controlled switching speeds
• Operating input voltage from 6V to 30V
• PWM/DC input for dimming control
• Built-in output open-circuit protection
• Automotive Grade with AEC-Q100 Qualification
• MSOP-8EP: Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb)
Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Automotive Grade
Qualified to AEC-Q100 Standards for High Reliability
PPAP Capable (Note 4)
• Automotive LED Lamps
• Multi-Die LED Driver
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
4. Automotive products are AEC-Q100 qualified and are PPAP capable. Automotive, AEC-Q100 and standard products are electrically and thermally the same,
except where specified. For more information, please refer to http://www.diodes.com/quality/product_compliance_definitions/.
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS36905 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 13
© Diodes Incorporated