LINEAR LED DRIVER-CONTROLLER with 200mV
CURRENT SENSE VOLTAGE and AUTOMOTIVE GRADE
The AL8400 is a 5-terminal adjustable Linear LED driver-controller
offering excellent temperature stability and output handling capability.
The AL8400 simplifies the design of linear and isolated LED drivers.
With its low 200mV current sense FB pin, it controls the regulation of
LED current with minimal power dissipation when compared to
traditional linear LED drivers. This makes it ideal for medium to high
current LED driving.
The AL8400 open-collector output can operate from 0.2V to 18V
enabling it to drive external MOSFET and Bipolar transistors. This
enables the MOSFET and Bipolar selection to be optimized for the
chosen application. It also provides the capability to drive longer LED
chains, by tapping VCC from the chain, where the chain voltage may
It is available in the space saving low profile SOT353 package.
The AL8400Q is Automotive Grade and is AEC-Q100 Grade 1
• Isolated Offline LED Lamps
• Linear LED Driver
• LED Signs
• Instrumentation Illumination
• Low Reference Voltage (VFB = 0.2V)
• -40 to +125°C Temperature Range
• 3% Reference Voltage Tolerance at +25°C
• Low Temperature Drift
• 0.2V to 18V Open-Collector Output
• High Power Supply Rejection:
(> 45dB at 300kHz)
• AL8400QSE-7 Automotive Grade qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1
• SOT353: Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb)
Lead-Free Finish; RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
1. EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant. All applicable RoHS exemptions applied.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS35115 Rev. 4 - 2
CD OUT 5
ILED = VREF/RSET
1 of 13
© Diodes Incorporated