100V, ADJUSTABLE CURRENT SINK LINEAR LED DRIVER
The AL5801 combines a 100V N-channel MOSFET with a pre-
biased NPN transistor to make a simple, small footprint LED driver.
The LED current is set by an external resistor connected from REXT
pin (4) to GND pin (6). The internal pre-biased transistor develops
approximately 0.56V across the external resistor.
The AL5801 open-drain output can operate from 1.1V to 100V
enabling it to operate 5V to 100V power supplies without additional
PWM dimming of the LED current can be achieved by driving the
BIAS pin (1) with an external, open-collector NPN transistor or
open-drain N-channel MOSFET.
The AL5801 is available in a SOT26 package and is ideal for
driving LED currents up to 350mA.
• Feedback pin reference voltage VRSET = 0.56V at +25ºC
• Linear LED drivers
• -40 to +125ºC temperature range
• LED signs
• 1.1V to 100V open-drain output
• Offline LED luminaries
• Negative temperature VRSET co-efficient automatically reduces
the LED current at high temperatures
• Lead-Free Finish; RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Low thermal impedance SOT26 package with copper lead
1. EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant. All applicable RoHS exemptions applied.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl)
and <1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Application Circuit
Document number: DS35555 Rev. 2 - 2
1 of 12
© Diodes Incorporated
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.co.kr/