MICROPOWER OMNIPOLAR HALL-EFFECT SWITCH
The AH180N is a high sensitivity, micro power Omnipolar Hall Effect
switch IC designed for portable and battery powered equipment such
as cellular phones, PDA’ s and portable PC’ s. Based on two sensitive
Hall Effect plates and a chopper stabilized architecture the AH180N
provides a reliable solution over the whole operating range. To
support portable and battery powered equipment the design has been
optimized to operate over the supply range of 2.5V to 5.5V and
consumes only 24µA with a supply of 3V.
The single open drain output can switched on with either a North or
South pole of sufficient strength. When the magnetic flux density (B)
is larger than operate point (Bop) the output is switched on (pulled
low). The output is turned off when B becomes lower than the release
point (Brp). The output will remain off when there is no magnetic field.
• Omnipolar (North or South pole) Operation
• High Sensitivity
• Single Open Drain Output
• Micropower Operation
• 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Range
• Chopper Stabilized Design Provides
Superior Temperature Stability
Minimal Switch Point Drift
Enhanced Immunity to Stress
• Good RF Noise Immunity
• -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
• ESD (HBM) > 6KV
• SC59 (SOT23), TSOT23, and SOT553 Low Profile Packages
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Cover Switch in Clam-Shell or Slide Type Cellular Phones
• Display Switch for Portable PCs
• On/Off Switch for PDAs and Digital Cameras
• Contact-Less Switch in Consumer Products
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl)
and <1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS32174 Rev. 4 - 2
1 of 8
© Diodes Incorporated
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.com/