LOW SENSITIVITY MICROPOWER
OMNIPLOAR HALL-EFFECT SWITCH
The AH1809 is a low sensitivity micropower Omnipolar Hall Effect
switch IC. It is designed for battery powered consumer products,
home appliances, and industrial equipment such smart e-meters.
Based on two Hall Effect plates and a chopper stabilized architecture
the AH1809 provides a reliable solution over the whole operating
range. To support battery and low power applications the design has
been optimized to operate over the supply range of 2.5V to 5.5V and
consumes only 24µW with a supply of 3V.
The single open drain output can be switched on with either a North
or South pole of sufficient strength. When the magnetic flux density
perpendicular to the package (B) is larger than operate point (Bop),
the output is switched on (pulled low). The output is turned off when B
becomes lower than the release point (Brp). The output will remain off
when there is no magnetic field.
The AH1809 is available in SC59, SOT553 and SIP-3L.
• Omnipolar (North or South pole) Operation
• Low Sensitivity
• Single Open Drain Output
• Micropower Operation
• 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Range
• Chopper Stabilized Design Provides
Superior Temperature Stability
Minimal Switch Point Drift
Enhanced Immunity to Stress
• Good RF Noise Immunity
• -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature
• High ESD
• Small Low Profile SOT553 and Industry Standard SC59 and
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Smart E-Meters
• Tamper Protection Switch
• Door, Lids and Tray Position Switch
• Proximity and Position Switches
• Level Detects
• On/Off Switch Digital Contact-Less Switch in Industrial and
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS35523 Rev. 4 - 2
1 of 13
© Diodes Incorporated