MICROPOWER OMNIPOLAR HALL-EFFECT SENSOR
• Micropower operation
• Operation with magnetic field of either north or south
• 2.5V to 5.5V battery operation
• Chopper stabilized
• Superior temperature stability
• Good RF noise immunity
• -40°C to 85°C operating temperature
• SIP-3L/SC59-3L/Low profile DFN2020-6 package
• ESD (HBM) ＞ 5KV for DFN2020-6
＞ 6KV for SIP-3L and SC59-3L
• Lead Free Finish/RoHS Compliant for Lead Free
products (Note 1)
• Green Packages: SC59-3L, DFN2020-6
• Lead Free Package: SIP-3L
AH180 is comprised of two Hall effect plates and an open-drain
output driver, mainly designed for battery-operation, hand-held
equipment (such as Cellular and Cordless Phone, PDA). The
total power consumption in normal operation is typically 24µW
with a 3V power source.
Either north or south pole of sufficient strength will turn the output
on. The output will be turned off under no magnetic field. While
the magnetic flux density (B) is larger than operating point (Bop),
the output will be turned on (low), the output is held until B is
lower than release point (Brp), then turned off.
• Cover switch in clam-shell cellular phones
• Cover switch in Notebook PC/PDA
• Contact-less switch in consumer products °C
Power Supply Input
AH180 - X X X
L: Lead-Free ( Note 3) -A: Ammo Box (Note 5)
G: Green ( Note 4) -B: Bulk (Note 6)
Note: 1. RoHS revision 13.2.2003. Glass and High Temperature Solder Exemptions Applied, see EU Directive Annex Notes 5 and 7.
Code (Note 2) Quantity Number
7” Tape and Reel
Quantity Number Quantity Number
2. Pad layout as shown on Diodes Inc. suggested pad layout document AP02001, which can be found on our website at
3. Lead Free is only for SIP-3L.
4. Green is only for SC59 and DFN2020.
5. Ammo Box is for SIP-3L Spread Lead.
6. Bulk is for SIP-3L Straight Lead.
AH180 Rev. 5
1 of 9
© Diodes Incorporated