Not recommended for new designs –
Please use 93LC76C or 93LC86C.
8K/16K 5.0V Microwire Serial EEPROM
• Single 5.0V supply
• Low-power CMOS technology
- 1 mA active current typical
• ORG pin selectable memory configuration
1024 x 8- or 512 x 16-bit organization (93C76)
2048 x 8- or 1024 x 16-bit organization (93C86)
• Self-timed erase and write cycles
• Automatic ERAL before WRAL
• Power on/off data protection circuitry
• Industry standard 3-wire serial I/O
• Device status signal during erase/write cycles
• Sequential read function
• 1,000,000 erase/write cycles ensured
• Data retention > 200 years
• 8-pin PDIP/SOIC package
• Temperature ranges supported
- Commercial (C):
- Industrial (I):
- Automotive (E)
0°C to +70°C
-40°C to +85°C
-40°C to +125°C
The Microchip Technology Inc. 93C76/86 are 8K and
16K low voltage serial Electrically Erasable PROMs.
The device memory is configured as x8 or x16 bits
depending on the ORG pin setup. Advanced CMOS
technology makes these devices ideal for low power
nonvolatile memory applications. These devices also
have a Program Enable (PE) pin to allow the user to
write protect the entire contents of the memory array.
The 93C76/86 is available in standard 8-pin PDIP and
8-pin surface mount SOIC packages.
1996-2012 Microchip Technology Inc.