Connectors for FFC and FPC
This extremely small 0.5mm (.020") pitch
connector with a height of only 2.0mm
(.079") above the PCB surface allows
interconnection in extremely small spaces
and is an example of JST's leading edge
• Zero insertion force mechanism
A ZIF mechanism increases wear resistance and extends the
connector's mating life.
• Heat resistant design suitable for surface mounting
This surface mountable connector's housing is made of heat
resistant plastic to allow reflow soldering.
• In-line surface mount tails
Has an in-line surface mount tails for easy inspection.
• Two types of connections
The connector is available in either the normal or reverse
configurations. The FPC is positioned with its mating surfaces
facing upward for the normal configured connector, while the
reverse configuration requires that the FPC be positioned with
its mating surfaces facing down. The engineer has greater
freedom in designing his circuitry.
• Embossed tape for automatic mounting
The FLZ connector can be packaged in embossed tape for
• Current rating: 0.5A AC, DC
• Voltage rating: 50V AC, DC
• Temperature range: -25˚C to +85˚C
(including temperature rise in applying
• Contact resistance: Initial value/40mΩ max.
After environmental testing/60m Ω max.
• Insulation resistance: 800MΩ min.
• Withstanding voltage: 200V AC/minute
• Applicable FFC and FPC: Lead pitch/0.5mm(.020")
Mating part thickness/
0.30±0.03mm(.012" ± .001)
Note: These are reference values. FFC/FPC to be actually used
should bechecked for applicability.
* Contact JST for details.
Recognized file No. E60389
Certified file No. LR20812