Datasheet, V1.3, 15 Sep 2004
C o o l S E T™-F3
Off-Line SMPS Current Mode
Controller with integrated 650V
Power Management & Supply
Never stop thinking.
Subjects (major changes since last revision)
For questions on technology, delivery and prices please contact the Infineon Technologies Offices in Germany or
the Infineon Technologies Companies and Representatives worldwide: see our webpage at http://
CoolMOS™, CoolSET™ are trademarks of Infineon Technologies AG.
Published by Infineon Technologies AG,
© Infineon Technologies AG 1999.
All Rights Reserved.
The information herein is given to describe certain components and shall not be considered as warranted char-
Terms of delivery and rights to technical change reserved.
We hereby disclaim any and all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of non-infringement, regarding
circuits, descriptions and charts stated herein.
Infineon Technologies is an approved CECC manufacturer.
For further information on technology, delivery terms and conditions and prices please contact your nearest Infin-
eon Technologies Office in Germany or our Infineon Technologies Representatives worldwide (see address list).
Due to technical requirements components may contain dangerous substances. For information on the types in
question please contact your nearest Infineon Technologies Office.
Infineon Technologies Components may only be used in life-support devices or systems with the express written
approval of Infineon Technologies, if a failure of such components can reasonably be expected to cause the failure
of that life-support device or system, or to affect the safety or effectiveness of that device or system. Life support
devices or systems are intended to be implanted in the human body, or to support and/or maintain and sustain
and/or protect human life. If they fail, it is reasonable to assume that the health of the user or other persons may
Off-Line SMPS Current Mode Controller
with integrated 650V Startup Cell/
• Best in class in DIP7, DIP8, TO220, I2Pak packages
• Leadfree for DIP7 and DIP8 packages
• Active Burst Mode to reach the lowest Standby Power
Requirements < 100mW
• Protection features (Auto Restart Mode) to increase
robustness and safety of the system
• Adjustable Blanking Window for high load jumps to
increase system reliability
• Isolated drain package for TO220/I2PAK
• Increased creepage distance for TO220/I2PAK
• Wide power class of products for various applications
• 650V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with built in The new generation CoolSET™-F3 provides Active Burst
switchable Startup Cell
Mode to reach the lowest Standby Power Requirements
• Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
<100mW at no load. As the controller is always active
@ light load controlled by Feedback signal
during Active Burst Mode, there is an immediate response
• Fast load jump response in Active Burst Mode on load jumps without any black out in the SMPS. In Active
• 67/100 kHz fixed switching frequency
Burst Mode the ripple of the output voltage can be reduced
• Auto Restart Mode for Overtemperature Detection <1%. Furthermore, to increase the robustness and safety
• Auto Restart Mode for Overvoltage Detection
of the system, the device enters into Auto Restart Mode in
• Auto Restart Mode for Overload and Open Loop the cases of Overtemperature, VCC Overvoltage, Output
• Auto Restart Mode for VCC Undervoltage
Open Loop or Overload and VCC Undervoltage. By means
• Blanking Window for short duration high current of the internal precise peak current limitation, the
• User defined Soft Start
dimension of the transformer and the secondary diode can
• Minimum of external components required
be lowered which leads to more cost efficiency. An
• Max Duty Cycle 72%
adjustable blanking window prevents the IC from entering
• Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
Auto Restart or Active Burst Mode unintentionally during
• Internal PWM Leading Edge Blanking
high load jumps. The CoolSET™-F3 family consists a wide
• Soft switching for low EMI
power class range of products for various applications.
85 ... 270 VAC
Precise Low Tolerance Peak
Active Burst Mode
Auto Restart Mode
3 15 Sep 2004
webmaste! click here