© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2006-2015
CMOS TEMPERATURE SENSOR IC
The S-5813A/5814A Series is a family of high-precision temperature sensor ICs on a single chip with a linear output voltage for
Each chip is composed of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier.
The operating ambient temperature is from –40°C to +100°C. These devices have much better linearity than other temperature
sensors such as thermistors, and can be used for a wide range of temperature control applications.
• Temperature accuracy
• Linear output voltage
• Wide power supply voltage operation
• Low current consumption
• Built-in operational amplifier
• Output voltage referred to VSS
• Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
S-5813A Series : ±5.0°C (–30°C to +100°C)
S-5814A Series : ±2.5°C (–30°C to +100°C)
–11.04 mV/°C typ.
Ta = −30°C : 2.582 V typ.
Ta = +30°C : 1.940 V typ.
Ta = +100°C : 1.145 V typ.
±0.5% typ. (–20°C to +80°C)
VDD = 2.4 V to 10.0 V (+25°C)
4.0 μA typ. (+25°C)
• Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
• Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
• LCD contrast compensation
• Compensation of amplifier gain
• Compensation of auto focus circuits
• Temperature detection in battery management
• Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights
Seiko Instruments Inc.