ULTRA LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION
AND LOW DROPOUT CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-1206 Series is a positive voltage regulator with ultra low current
consumption, low dropout voltage, high output voltage accuracy, and 250
mA output current developed based on CMOS technology.
I/O capacitors are as small as 0.1 µF. S-1206 Series operates at ultra
low current consumption of 1.0 µA (typ.).
The built-in low-on-resistance transistor realizes low dropout voltage and
high output current. A built-in overcurrent protection circuit prevents the
load current from exceeding the current capacitance of the output
Three packages, SOT-23-3, SOT-89-3, and SNT-6A(H), are available.
Compared with voltage regulators using a conventional CMOS process,
more types of capacitors, including small I/O capacitors, can be used with
the S-1206 Series. The S-1206 Series features ultra-low current
consumption and comes in a small package, making them most suitable
for portable equipment.
• Output voltage :
1.2 to 5.2 V, selectable in 0.05 V steps.
• Low equivalent series resistance capacitor can be used : A ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used for the I/O
• Wide input voltage range :
1.7 to 6.5 V
• High-accuracy output voltage :
±1.0% (1.2 to 1.45 V output product : ±15 mV)
• Low dropout voltage :
• Low current consumption :
150 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, at IOUT = 100 mA)
During operation : 1.0 µA typ., 1.5 µA max.
• High output current :
• Built-in overcurrent protection circuit :
250 mA output is possible. (3.0 V output product, at VIN ≥
VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
• Small package :
SOT-23-3, SOT-89-3, SNT-6A(H)
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
• Power supply for battery-powered devices
• Constant-voltage power supply for cellular phones
• Constant-voltage power supply for portable equipments
Seiko Instruments Inc.