2.5V / 3.3V Differential 2 X 2
Crosspoint Switch with
Multi−Level Inputs w/ Internal Termination
The NB6L72M is a high−bandwidth fully differential 2 x 2
Crosspoint Switch with internal source termination and CML output
structure, optimized for low skew and minimal jitter.. The differential
inputs incorporate internal 50 W termination resistors and will accept
LVPECL, CML, LVDS, LVCMOS, or LVTTL logic levels. The
SELECT inputs are single−ended and can be driven with
The 16 mA differential CML outputs provide matching internal
50 W terminations and 400 mV output swings when externally
terminated with a 50 W resistor to VCC.
The device is offered in a small 3 mm x 3 mm 16−pin QFN package.
The NB6L72M is a member of the ECLinPS MAX™ family of
high performance products.
• Maximum Input Clock Frequency > 3.0 GHz
• Maximum Input Data Rate > 5 Gb/s
• 360 ps Typical Propagation Delay
• 65 ps Typical Rise and Fall Times
• Differential CML Outputs, 400 mV peak−to−peak, typical
• Operating Range: VCC = 2.375 V to 3.63 V with GND = 0 V
• Internal Input and Output Termination Resistors, 50 W
• Functionally Compatible with Existing 2.5 V / 3.3 V LVEL, LVEP,
EP, and SG Devices
• −40°C to +85°C Ambient Operating Temperature
• These are Pb−Free Devices
A = Assembly Location
L = Wafer Lot
Y = Year
W = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
(Note: Microdot may be in either location)
*For additional marking information, refer to
Application Note AND8002/D.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 9 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
December, 2006 − Rev. 0
Publication Order Number: