Zener Transient Voltage
Dual Common Anode Zeners for ESD
These dual monolithic silicon zener diodes are designed for
applications requiring transient overvoltage protection capability. They
are intended for use in voltage and ESD sensitive equipment such as
computers, printers, business machines, communication systems,
medical equipment and other applications. Their dual junction common
anode design protects two separate lines using only one package. These
devices are ideal for situations where board space is at a premium.
• Pb−Free Package is Available
• SC−70 Package Allows Two Separate Unidirectional Configurations
• Low Leakage < 1.0 mA @ 5.0 V
• Breakdown Voltage: 6.4−7.2 V @ 5.0 mA
• ESD Protection Meeting:16 kV Human Body Model
30 kV Contact = IEC61000−4−2
• Peak Power: 24 W @ 1.0 ms (Unidirectional), per Figure 1
• Peak Power: 150 W @ 20 ms (Unidirectional), per Figure 2
• Void Free, Transfer−Molded, Thermosetting Plastic Case
• Corrosion Resistant Finish, Easily Solderable
• Package Designed for Optimal Automated Board Assembly
• Small Package Size for High Density Applications
Symbol Value Unit
Steady State Power Dissipation
Derate above 25°C (Note 1)
PD 200 °mW°
Thermal Resistance Junction−to−Ambient
Operating Junction and Storage
− 55 to
Peak Power Dissipation @ 1.0 ms
(Note 2) @ TA = 25°C
Peak Power Dissipation @ 20 ms (Note 3)
@ TA = 25°C
MIL STD 883C − Method 3015−6
IEC61000−4−2, Air Discharge
IEC61000−4−2, Contact Discharge
Maximum ratings are those values beyond which device damage can occur.
Maximum ratings applied to the device are individual stress limit values (not
normal operating conditions) and are not valid simultaneously. If these limits
are exceeded, device functional operation is not implied, damage may occur
and reliability may be affected.
1. Mounted on FR−5 Board = 1.0 X 0.75 X 0.062 in.
2. Non−repetitive pulse per Figure 1.
3. Non−repetitive pulse per Figure 2.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2004
July, 2004 − Rev. 1
= Specific Device Code
= Date Code
SC−70 3000/Tape & Reel
DF3A6.8FUT1G SC−70 3000/Tape & Reel
†For information on tape and reel specifications,
including part orientation and tape sizes, please
refer to our Tape and Reel Packaging Specifications
Preferred devices are recommended choices for future use
and best overall value.
Publication Order Number: