Customer Specific Device from ON Semiconductor
Controller for High-Power
Universal Off-Line Supplies
Housed in a SO−14 package, the DAP018X represents an
enhanced version of the currently available Speedking
controller, the DAP011.
With an internal structure operating at a fixed 65 kHz or
100 kHz frequency, the controller directly connects to the
high−voltage rail for a lossless and clean startup sequence.
Current−mode control also provides an excellent input
audio−susceptibility and inherent pulse−by−pulse control.
Internal ramp compensation easily prevents sub−harmonic
oscillations from taking place in continuous conduction
mode designs. On top of these features, the device takes
advantage of the auxiliary winding negative swing to let the
user adjust the maximum power the converter can deliver in
high line conditions (OPP).
When the current setpoint falls below a given value, e.g.
the output power demand diminishes, the IC automatically
freezes the peak current and reduces its switching frequency
down to 25 kHz. At this point, if further output power
reduction occurs, the controller enters skip−cycle.
The DAP018X features an efficient protective circuitry
which, in presence of an overcurrent condition, disables the
output pulses while the device enters a safe burst mode,
trying to re−start. Once the fault has gone, the device
auto−recovers. By implementing a timer to acknowledge a
fault condition, independently from the auxiliary supply, the
designer’s task is eased when stringent fault mode
conditions need to be met.
A dedicated input helps triggering a latch−off circuitry
which permanently disables output pulses, for instance to
implement an over voltage protection (OVP). A separate
input accepts a direct NTC connection to ground for a simple
and efficient over temperature protection (OTP).
• Fixed−frequency 65 kHz (A and B versions) or 100 kHz
(C and D versions) Current−mode Control Operation
• Internal and Adjustable Over Power Protection (OPP)
• Frequency Foldback down to 25 kHz and Skip−cycle in
Light Load Conditions
• Reduced Internal Bias Currents for Improved Standby
• Adjustable Brown−out Protection (B and D versions)
• Internal Ramp Compensation
• Internal Fixed 5 ms Soft−Start
• Adjustable Frequency Jittering for Better EMI Signature
• Auto−recovery internal output short−circuit protection
for A, B, C and D versions. F is latched
• Adjustable Timer for Improved Short−circuit Protection
• OTP and OVP Inputs for Improved Robustness
• +500 mA / −800 mA Peak Current Capability
• Up to 28 V VCC Operation
• Improved Creepage Distance between High−voltage
and Adjacent Pin
• Extremely Low No−load Standby Power
• This is a Pb−Free Device
• This Device uses Halogen−Free Molding Compound
• High Power ac−dc Converters for TVs, Set−top Boxes etc.
• Offline Adapters for Notebooks
x = Device Version
A = Assembly Location
WL = Wafer Lot
Y = Year
WW = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 3 of this data sheet.
†For information on tape and reel specifications, including part
orientation and tape sizes, please refer to our Tape and Reel
Packaging Specifications Brochure, BRD8011/D.
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering
details, please download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and
Mounting Techniques Reference Manual, SOLDERRM/D.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2009
July, 2009 − Rev. 0
Publication Order Number: