4-Channel LED Driver with
Open/Short LED Detection
The CAT3604V is a high efficiency fractional charge pump that can
drive up to four LEDs with input supply voltages as low as 2.5 V.
An external RSET resistor is used to control the LED channel
brightness while channel diagnostics include automatic detection for
both short and open LED channel conditions, ensuring the CAT3604V
maintains the highest efficiency level in all operating modes.
Each operating mode uses a constant high frequency switching
scheme which allows the use of small form factor external ceramic
capacitors while delivering excellent low noise input supply ripple up
to 5.5 V.
The EN input control supports direct PWM dimming and can
accommodate dimming frequencies in excess of 10 kHz thereby
providing extremely high resolution brightness levels.
The device is available in the 16−pad low profile 0.8 mm thin QFN
(4 mm x 4 mm).
• Charge Pump: 1x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 2x
• Drives up to 4 LEDs at 30 mA Each
• Pin Compatible with Industry Standard ’604
• Open/Short LED Automatic Detection
• Power Efficiency up to 92%
• High Resolution PWM Dimming
• Low Noise Supply Ripple in All Modes
• Soft Start and Current Limiting
• Short Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection
• 16−Pad TQFN Package, 4 mm x 4 mm
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• LCD Display Backlight
• Cellular Phones
• Digital Still Cameras
• Handheld Devices
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2014
August, 2014 − Rev. 4
(4 x 4 mm) (Top View)
CDAK = CAT3604VHV4−GT2
CDAF = CAT3604VHV4−T2
A = Assembly Location
XXX = Last Three Digits of Assembly Lot Number
Y = Production Year (Last Digit)
M = Production Month (1−9, A, B, C)
CC = Country of Origin (Two Digit)
Note: Two digit code for country of origin:
Thailand = TH
Malaysia = MY
Tape & Reel
†For information on tape and reel specifications, in-
cluding part orientation and tape sizes, please refer
to our Tape and Reel Packaging Specifications
1. NiPdAu Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
For other finishes, please contact factory.
Publication Order Number: