MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
1/4- to 1/11-DUTY FIPTM (VFD) CONTROLLER/DRIVER
The PD16312 is a FIP (fluorescent Indicator Panel, or Vacuum Fluorescent Display) controller/driver that is
driven on a 1/4- to 1/11 duty factor. It consists of 11 segment output lines, 6 grid output lines, 5 segment/grid output
drive lines, a display memory, a control circuit, and a key scan circuit. Serial data is input to the PD16312 through a
www.DataSheet4U.comthree-line serial interface. This FIP controller/driver is ideal as a peripheral device for a single-chip microcomputer.
• Multiple display modes (11-segment & 11-digit to 16-segment & 4-digit)
• Key scanning (6 4 matrix)
• Dimming circuit (eight steps)
• High-voltage output (VDD 35 V max).
• LED ports (4 chs., 20 mA max).
• General-purpose input port (4 bits)
• No external resistors necessary for driver outputs (P-ch open-drain + pull-down resistor output)
• Serial interface (CLK, STB, DIN, DOUT)
44-pin plastic QFP ( 10)
Document No. IC-3307 (1st edition)
Date Published March 1997 P
Printed in Japan