SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Order this document
Integrated Silicon Pressure Sensor
On-Chip Signal Conditioned,
The MPX5700 series piezoresistive transducer is a state–of–the–art monolithic silicon
pressure sensor designed for a wide range of applications, but particularly those
employing a microcontroller or microprocessor with A/D inputs. This patented, single
element transducer combines advanced micromachining techniques, thin–film metalliza-
tion, and bipolar processing to provide an accurate, high level analog output signal that
is proportional to the applied pressure.
• 2.5% Maximum Error over 0° to 85°C
• Ideally Suited for Microprocessor or Microcontroller–Based Systems
• Available in Differential and Gauge Configurations
• Patented Silicon Shear Stress Strain Gauge
• Durable Epoxy Unibody Element
0 to 700 kPa (0 to 101.5 psi)
0.2 to 4.7 V OUTPUT
CASE 867–08, STYLE 1
GAIN STAGE #1
GAIN STAGE #2
CASE 867C–05, STYLE 1
2 PINS 4, 5 AND 6 ARE NO CONNECTS
Figure 1. Fully Integrated Pressure Sensor Schematic
1 Vout 4 N/C
2 Gnd 5 N/C
vOverpressure (P2 1 Atmosphere)
vBurst Pressure (P2 1 Atmosphere)
3 VS 6 N/C
NOTE: Pins 4, 5, and 6 are internal
device connections. Do not connect
Unit to external circuitry or ground. Pin 1
kPa is noted by the notch in the Lead.
– 40 to +125
– 40 to +125
1. TC = 25°C unless otherwise noted. Maximum Ratings apply to Case 867–08 only.
2. Extended exposure at the specified limits may cause permanent damage or degradation to the device.
3. This sensor is designed for applications where P1 is always greater than, or equal to P2.
Senseon and X–ducer are trademarks of Motorola, Inc.
©MMoottoororolal,aInSc.e1n9s97or Device Data