2N3418 thru 2N3421
NPN MEDIUM POWER SILICON
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/393
This family of high-frequency, epitaxial planar transistors feature low saturation voltage. These
devices are also available in TO-39 and low profile U4 packaging. Microsemi also offers
numerous other transistor products to meet higher and lower power ratings with various
switching speed requirements in both through-hole and surface-mount packages.
JAN, JANTX and
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 2N3418 through 2N3421 series.
• JAN, JANTX, and JANTXV qualifications are available per MIL-PRF-19500/393.
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
• VCE(sat) = 0.25 V @ IC = 1 A.
• Rise time tr = 0.22 µs max @ IC = 1.0 A, IB1 = 100 mA.
• Fall time tf = 0.20 µs max @ IC = 1.0 A, IB2 = -100 mA.
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• General purpose transistors for medium power applications requiring high frequency switching and
low package profile.
• Military and other high-reliability applications.
Also available in:
2N3418S – 2N3421S
2N3418U4 – 2N3421U4
Parameters / Test Conditions
tp <= 1 ms, duty cycle <= 50%
Total Power Dissipation
@ TA = +25 °C (1)
@ TC = +100 °C (2)
Operating & Storage Junction Temperature Range
Notes: 1. Derate linearly 5.72 mW/°C for TA > +25 °C.
2. Derate linearly 150 mW/°C for TC > +100 °C.
-65 to +200
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0192, Rev. 2 (111684)
©2011 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 6