January 3, 2006
Industry Standard Single-Ended Current
Mode PWM Controller
The ISL8843 is an industry standard drop-in replacement for
the popular 28C43 and 18C43 PWM controllers suitable for
a wide range of power conversion applications including
boost, flyback, and isolated output configurations. Its fast
signal propagation and output switching characteristics
make this an ideal product for existing and new designs.
Features include 30V operation, low operating current, 90µA
start-up current, adjustable operating frequency to 2MHz,
and high peak current drive capability with 20ns rise and fall
MAX. DUTY CYCLE
MARKING RANGE (°C) PACKAGE DWG. #
ISL8843ABZ 8843 ABZ
-40 to 105 8 Ld SOIC M8.15
-40 to 105 8 Ld MSOP M8.118
ISL8843MBZ 8843 MBZ
-55 to 125 8 Ld SOIC M8.15
-55 to 125 8 Ld MSOP M8.118
Add -T to part number for Tape and Reel packaging.
NOTE: Intersil Pb-free plus anneal products employ special Pb-free
material sets; molding compounds/die attach materials and 100%
matte tin plate termination finish, which are RoHS compliant and
compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering operations. Intersil
Pb-free products are MSL classified at Pb-free peak reflow
temperatures that meet or exceed the Pb-free requirements of
IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
• 1A MOSFET gate driver
• 90µA start-up current, 125µA maximum
• 35ns propagation delay current sense to output
• Fast transient response with peak current mode control
• 30V operation
• Adjustable switching frequency to 2MHz
• 20ns rise and fall times with 1nF output load
• Trimmed timing capacitor discharge current for accurate
deadtime/maximum duty cycle control
• 1.5MHz bandwidth error amplifier
• Tight tolerance voltage reference over line, load, and
• ±3% current limit threshold
• Pb-free plus anneal available and ELV, WEEE, RoHS
• Telecom and datacom power
• Wireless base station power
• File server power
• Industrial power systems
• PC power supplies
• Isolated buck and flyback regulators
• Boost regulators
(8 LD SOIC, MSOP)
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright © Intersil Americas Inc. 2005, 2006 All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.