System Interface (DSI) Physical
The 33790 is a dual channel physical layer interface IC for the
Distributed System Interface (DSI) bus. It is designed to meet
automotive requirements. It can also be used in non automotive
applications. It supports bidirectional communication between slave
and master ICs. Some slave devices derive a regulated 5.0 V from
the bus, which can be used to power sensors, thereby eliminating the
need for additional circuitry and wiring.
• Two Independent DSI Compatible Buses
• Pinout Matched to MC68HC55 (SPI to DSI Logic)
• Wave-Shaped Bus Output Voltage
• Independent Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit
• Return Signalling Current Detection
• Internal Logic Input Pull ups and Pull downs
• On-Board Charge Pump
• 2.0 kV ESD Capability
• Communications Rate Up to 150 kbps
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EG
Document Number: MC33790
Rev 10.0, 12/2006
DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM INTERFACE (DSI)
EG SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
MC33790DW / R2
MCZ33790EG / R2
-40°C to 85°C
Figure 1. 33790 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.