Document Number: MC33199
Rev. 4.0, 10/2006
Automotive ISO 9141 Serial Link
The MC33199 is a serial interface circuit used in diagnostic
applications. It is the interface between the microcontroller and the
special K and L lines of the ISO diagnostic port. The MC33199 has
been designed to meet the «Diagnosis System ISO9141»
The device has a bi-directional bus K line driver, fully protected
against short circuits and over temperature. It also includes the L line
receiver, used during the wake up sequence in the ISO transmission.
The MC33199 has a unique feature which allow transmission Baud
rate up to 200kBaud.
• Electrically Compatible with Specification “Diagnosis System
• Transmission speed up to 200kBaud
• Internal Voltage Reference Generator for Line Comparator
• TXD, RXD and LO pins are 5V CMOS Compatible
• High Current Capability of DIA pin (K line)
• Short Circuit Protection for the K Line Input
• Over Temperature Shutdown with Hysteresis
• Large Operating Range of Driver Supply Voltage
• Large Operating Temperature Range
• ESD Protected pins
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EF
LIN, ISO-9141 J-1850 PHYSICAL
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
14 PIN SOIC
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. Simplified Application Diagram
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. reserves the right to change the detail specifications, as
may be required, to permit improvements in the design of its products.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.