Document Number: MC34716
Rev. 3.0, 5/2007
1.0 MHz Dual Switch-Mode DDR
The 34716 is a highly integrated, space-efficient, low cost, dual
synchronous buck switching regulator with integrated N-channel
power MOSFETs. It is a high performance point-of-load (PoL) power
supply with its second output having the ability to track an external
reference voltage. it provides a full power supply solution for Double-
Data-Rate (DDR) Memories.
Channel one provides a source only 5.0 A drive capability, while
channel two can sink and source up to 3.0 A. Both channels are highly
efficient with tight output regulation. With its high current drive
capability, channel one can be used to supply the VDDQ to the
memory chipset. The second channel’s ability to track a reference
voltage makes it ideal to provide the termination voltage (VTT) for
modern data buses. The 34716 also provides a buffered output
reference voltage (VREFOUT) to the memory chipset
The 34716 offers the designer the flexibility of many control,
supervisory, and protection functions to allow for easy implementation
of complex designs. It is housed in a Pb-Free, thermally enhanced,
and space efficient 26-Pin Exposed Pad QFN.
• 50 mΩ Integrated N-Channel Power MOSFETs
• Input Voltage Operating Range from 3.0 V to 6.0 V
• ±1 % Accurate Output Voltages, Ranging from 0.7 V to 3.6 V
• The second output Tracks 1/2 an External Reference Voltage
• ±1 % Accurate Buffered Reference Output Voltage
• Programmable Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to
• Programmable Soft Start Timing for Channel One
• Over Current Limit and Short Circuit Protection on Both Channels
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
• Active Low Power Good Output Signal
• Active Low Standby and Shutdown Inputs
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EP.
DUAL SWITCH-MODE DDR POWER
-40 to 85°C
3.0V to 6.0V VIN
Figure 1. 34716 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.